Monday, September 6, 2010

Best Recipe Ever!

I made the BEST dish I have made since going Vegan!! Yes, that is a bold statement but I have found a recipe that I LOVE!! What else can I say about this, try it and let me know what you think.

Pasta Bake

8 oz Rotini (or Penne, Rigatoni)
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes (with basil if possible)
1 TBSP Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sliced black olives
3 Italian-style soy sausages, cut into 1/4" slices
2 TBSP tomato paste
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 1/2 c shredded vegan Cheddar Cheese (I like Daiya)

Cook pasta, set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
In a large skillet, heat oil over med heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 min. Stir in tomatoes, olives, soy sausages, tomato paste, basil, oregano, parsley, black pepper and hot pepper flakes. Reduce heat to med-low, cover, and cook for 10 mins.
Add pasta to sauce and half of cheese, stir until coated. Pour into a 9x13 greased casserole dish, sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Cover with foil and bake for 15 mins. Remove foil and bake for 10 mins.

Another great plus, it reheats great!

No comments:

Post a Comment