Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Beginning

On March 22 2010 I convinced my husband to join me on a crazy adventure. We decided to go from the lifestyle of McDonald's to......VEGAN! Talk about quite a change. But, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself-here is how it happened.

I had recently read The Kind Diet by Alicia Silverstone which opened my eyes to what we are putting into our bodies. After doing some research and talking to a few people it was suggested that I read The Engine 2 Diet by Rip Esselstyn. That book has a few chapters about how what we eat effects everything in our body and what we can to do change it. After having my eyes opened I felt like going Vegan was something I had to do.

Now please understand we went from eating out twice a day, every day to Vegan and we did it "cold turkey" (or maybe I should say "cold tofu"). We have been Vegan for 5 weeks and are loving it. If I can do it I know you can too!!!

My purpose of this blog is to show you all the yummy food that we are eating and all the things we love that we never knew about!! Please follow us on our food adventure and see how it changes not only what we eat but our entire lives....

No comments:

Post a Comment