Saturday, May 15, 2010

Graduation Party

David's brother, Daniel, graduated from Law school on Thursday night (Congrats Dan-we are so proud of you) so his dad took us all out for dinner. We went to Scape in the Central West End and because I knew where we were going I called a few days ahead to find out what options they had for a Vegan. I talked to someone who couldn't have been more helpful. She told me they have a vegetarian menu and would bring out the chef to talk about what options they could make to suit our diet.

That night I had one of they best meals I have had since I have been Vegan (going on 2 months now, yay). We started with the Cucumber Spring Rolls and a Spring Asparagus Salad.

These were incredible on their own, but my entree is what amazed me!! I had a Vegan Lasagna. It was wrapped in the thinnest layer of cucumber and it had everything in it from corn, mushroom, spinach, tomato marinara. But the best part was it had pureed cashews which were the "cheese". It was GREAT!! I recommend it to all, Vegan or not. And at the end of the night I was completely satisfied and did not feel stuffed. What a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment