Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!!

Yesterday my adorable son turned 1 so, of course, we threw him a birthday party. We had family and friends over for a barbecue, which would mean meat by their standards. So I had to get creative and managed to have everything at the party Vegan with the exceptions of the burgers and cake. No one was aware that they only had Vegan options and everyone enjoyed all the delicious things available to eat.

We had bruchetta, chips and hummus, and salsa for appetizers. For dinner we had burgers, vegan brats, fresh fruit, edamame succotash, chips, and pasta salad. And for dessert we had the classic birthday cake, but as a treat to my family we got vegan cupcakes!!!!

I threw a great party and successfully fed and satisfied my guests!! And I managed to be true to my new lifestyle without making excuses or exceptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment