Thursday, July 22, 2010

Almond Milk vs Regular Milk

As I was sitting at my kitchen table this morning, ready to eat my breakfast, I looked down at my bowl of cereal and thought how pretty the fresh fruit had made it look. How often do you take the time to "dress up" your food so that it looks more appealing and taste more delicious? My plain bowl of cereal with just a little bit of fruit added made me stop and think about what I was eating, and stop to enjoy it.

Interesting comparison between Almond Milk(Vegan) vs 2% Milk. Almond Milk has 60 calories, milk has 100. Almond milk has 2.5 g of fat and so does milk, but Almond Milk has 0 Trans Fat whereas milk has 1.5 g. Almond Milk has 0 cholesterol, milk has 10 mg. Almond milk has less carbs and sugars. This is what is probably most surprising to any non-Vegans, Almond milk and milk have the same amount of Calcium and Vitamins A & D. You should try it some time and see what you think, we like Almond Breeze unsweetened.

No comments:

Post a Comment