Thursday, May 10, 2012

A New Baby

We welcomed our first vegan baby to the world at the end of April. He is a healthy baby boy and the perfect addition to our family! So after a few weeks off its time to get back to cooking and wouldn't you know that I would start with a dessert. My husband is a huge fan of the cookie cake from the Cookie Company, this is what he asks for at every birthday. Since we have been vegan he has not been able to enjoy this birthday treat. I recently came across a fantastic blog, ChocolateCoveredKatie.com where she has a ton of recipes and they are "mostly healthy" versions of the things we all love. While perusing her recipes I came across one for a cookie cake, how could I resist?? I made it for a family Sunday night dinner and it was a major crowd pleaser! No one even knew it was healthy, minute the icing maybe ;) It turned out soft and majorly delicious! Here is the link (in my post-baby-lack-of-sleep-brain moment I forgot to take a picture before we all dug in): http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/09/12/giant-cookie-cake-a-healthy-recipe-makeover/

No comments:

Post a Comment