Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Scrambled Tofu

I found a very simple recipe for scrambled tofu, so I decided to make it for dinner. Who doesn't love breakfast for dinner?? It looks a little too much like eggs if you ask me, but it was delicious!

1 package Mori-Nu Firm Silken Tofu (I included a pic below, it has the best texture for this recipe)
3-4 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp onion powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
Any combo of chopped veggies (I also added some "ground sausage" I had leftover)

Put the tofu in a pan and chop it up, sprinkle the seasonings on top. Over medium heat saute for about a minute. Add veggies and stir until veggies are soft, about 5 minutes. Add water if your tofu starts sticking.

This also reheats very well, so make a bit extra for leftovers!

You can find this tofu in most grocery stores. It can be with the veggies or in the asian aisle, it does not have to be refridgerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment