Sunday, December 12, 2010


This side dish was emailed to me by a friend, so I thought I would try it tonight with dinner. It's Quinoa with Garlic, Pine Nuts, and Raisins and it was quite good. Had a mild but very addictive flavor!

1 c Quinoa, rinsed well (I might only do 3/4 c next time I make it)
1/4 c pine nuts
2 TBSP olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, sliced or diced
1/3 c parsley, chopped
1/4 c raisins
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper

Toast quinoa in saucepan over medium heat (about 2 mins). Add 1 3/4 c water and boil. Reduce to med-low and simmer, covered, until liquid absorbed (about 10-15 mins). Remove and let sit covered for 2 mins.

Toast pine nuts in skillet on high heat until turning brown, toss while toasting to prevent burning on one side, transfer to plate. In pan, add olive oil and garlic and cook until golden (about 2 mins). Transfer garlic to plate, leaving oil in pan.

Fluff quinoa with fork and add all ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment