Monday, January 30, 2012

Orange Ginger Baked Tofu


I like my tofu to have a little more dense, chewiness to it. To achieve this freeze the tofu and then let it thaw completely before draining and pressing it.

Marinade: I doubled this recipe so that I would have more than enough
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c orange juice
1/4 c dry white wine
1/4 c maple syrup
4 tsp soy sauce (I prefer Tamari)
2 tsp vegetable oil

1 package extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed

Preheat oven to 375.
Combine all ingredients (except tofu) in a small bowl and whisk.
Cut tofu into 10-12 slices. Pour half the marinade into a baking dish and dredge tofu slices. Pour the other half over the tofu, let sit about 10 mins.
Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 20 mins, remove from oven and flip pieces over. Cook 15 more minutes uncovered.
To give the tofu more chewiness, remove from marinade and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Broil the tofu for 3-4 mins on each side, until desired toughness achieved.

I served mine over brown rice with roasted brussel sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment