Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dollars and Sense

One of David's biggest concerns with going Vegan was not what are we going to eat, but how much is this new lifestyle going to cost us? This was a valid question to which I did not have the answer, nor could I simply look it up. Now that we have been Vegan for 3 months (yay!!) I am able to answer this question.

I have compared our eating out and grocery bills pre-vegan and post-vegan. Surprising to the both of us we have saved money with our new lifestyle. Not only are we now filling our bodies with wonderful, and usually organic, foods but we are saving money doing it! When I shop at the grocery store I mostly shop in the produce section, with a few exceptions. But I no longer shop in the meat, dairy, or processed foods section.

You are probably thinking, "Of course they are saving money, they don't eat out any more." Not true! We are eating at home more than before because the whole point is to try and be more healthy, but we still eat out often.

Here is a perfect example: This is the sandwich I had at Einstein's today for lunch. It was super yummy and my whole meal only cost $3.20!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment