Thursday, June 17, 2010

Newton's Law


Making dinner tonight was so frustrating. Everything that could go wrong, did! I was making a new stir-fry recipe that I had found. Simple enough, right?? Not so much, I had Tamari instead of Tahini, when I grated my ginger I used the wrong side and it didn't grate, I forgot to use the sesame oil, and so on. But guess what, I just kept going and it actually turned out pretty good. David even said it's a keeper!! I will definitely try to make the recipe again, but I will also keep tonight's version. If you want to give my version a try it was super easy (without all the mistakes, haha)!

1 small onion, chopped
1/2 block firm tofu, cubed
4 large button mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup bean sprouts
Tamari (quantity depends on how much you like)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Saute onions, tofu, and mushrooms in oil until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and red peppers and saute for 2-3 mins. Add the tamari, bean sprouts, salt, and pepper, saute for 1-2 mins. Serve over brown rice.

This doesn't make a huge quantity, enough for maybe 2 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment